If you`re amazing, I need your help.
I`m hiring a personal assistant that can help me with all of the various businesses and projects we have going on. Your job will be to make yourself invaluable. If you`ve watched Iron Man, you`ll get the Pepper Potts reference to the range of responsibilities.
*This is not for people who like well-defined jobs.*
The role consists of doing whatever-the-heck needs to be done--from scheduling events in places you`ve never been and answering support emails to picking up my kids from school if I`m stuck in a meeting.
Right now I`m in the midst of launching a new company and already operate two fast growing companies. You`ll be working across all of them, wherever I need your help.
- Ability to figure-shit-out. You`ll be given as much responsibility as you can handle.
- A history of deserving trust.
- Familiarity with technology (office, twitter, etc.)
- Remarkable communication skills. You must be able to talk with people from technology geeks and editors to CEOs. Additionally, you must take a proactive approach to communication: if you`re going to deliver something past deadline, don`t tell me "after" you miss it. Tell me before you miss it so we can prepare.
- No matter the problem, the ability to know that the answer is always Yes, and here`s what it`s going to take. As an example, let`s say I need some quotes put on images. If you think you can`t do it by yourself, you should come with prepared with recommendations on how to get it done - even if we have to hire a temp student to pull it off.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to do research. As an example, let`s say I need to know all of the techniques people have used to sell a self-published book. You should be able to quickly, find, organize, and deliver.
- You should live in the Ottawa region. While you won`t need to come into the office every day, you should be able to make it in on short notice (that means you have a car or live near the office).
- An ability to learn is a must. A familiarity with Facebook marketing tools is a plus. For example, you should be able to quickly figure out which ads perform well and which don`t and make recommendations accordingly.
- As we grown and scale you should have a keen eye for what we can do better, how we can make things more systematic, and do more with less.
- Ability to travel (If we`re running an event, sometimes you`ll have to come. Examples include Boston, Paris, New York, LA, Seattle, Singapore, Houston).
The job will start as a three-month contract with an hourly wage and quickly scale up to your capabilities with the goal being to quickly get you on salary(+ bonus).
I plan on making this hire as soon as possible.
To apply, here`s what you must do:
1. Reply with your Resume and Cover Letter.
2. Additionally, include a short email describing any relevant experience that you think might interest us as well as any social media profiles you have.
compensation: Starting at $18 an hour and going from there.
employment type: full-time