British-columbia > Port Alberni.
posted Sunday, 25 June 2017 , Visits 76
SAV Technology is a Vancouver IT support and consulting company located just next to the Olympic Village. We are looking for a Windows-focused System Administrator that our clients can rely on. If you are an energetic problem-solver who loves tackling complex issues and working independently with minimal supervision, this position is for you!
* 5+ years of experience providing IT support onsite and remotely in Windows environments
* Deep knowledge of core Microsoft products such as Windows Server 2012, Remote Desktop Services, Terminal Services and Office 365
* Experience managing and deploying VMware (or other virtualization technology)
* Experience with backup products such as Veeam, StorageCraft, Symantec etc.
* Experience with business-level network gear, such as Cisco, SonicWall, and Ubiquiti
* Windows network, server, and desktop support (both onsite and remote)
* Respond to help desk support tickets and emails
* Plan and execute projects for deploying or migrating Microsoft network environments
* Analyzing and improving network performance
* Deploy and manage remote management and monitoring (RMM) system for ongoing server and workstation maintenance
* Plan and deploy virtualized environments in conjunction with backup/disaster recovery products
* Provide support for hosted and cloud services
* Ensure all work and network changes are properly ticketed and documented
* Participate in periodic off-hours maintenances and in on-call rotation
* Preference given to managed services or IT company background
* Professional personality who loves helping others
* Linux/Mac experience a huge asset
* Great people skills and English fluency a must
* Active Class 5 BC Drivers` License required
(including access to a vehicle or car-sharing service such as Car2Go)
* Previous experience with Connectwise and IT Glue an asset
* Certifications such as MCSE or VCP are an asset
This is a full-time position based in our office at Quebec and West 2nd Avenue, just steps from SkyTrain. Some evening and weekend work will be required. We provide you with the flexibility of taking time off in lieu and/or paid overtime on approval. Employees also receive 100% covered extended health benefits, mobile phone credit, discounted hardware purchases, professional development credit, free lunch once per week, and much more!
compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
employment type: full-time
Contact poster by email
▼ Ads similar to "system administrator technical support " : British-columbia