Please note that this job will require you to relocate to Vancouver.
Madrona School Society is looking for full-time teachers in the following subject areas:
Madrona is currently a K-9 school for gifted and bright children. We are currently increasing our mandate year by year until we are a full K-12 school. We have two campuses - K to grade 5 children are taught at 2040 West 10th and grade 6 and above at 530 Hornby.
Madrona is unique from other schools due to its extremely low ratio of teachers to students (6:1 school wide), its flexibility in regard to implementing the new curriculum, and its support for innovative and creative teaching.
- To plan interesting and appropriate curriculum.
- To deliver curriculum to small groups of students and be willing to differentiate requirements even within a small group
- To collaborate with other staff members.
- To be open, friendly, and responsive to students and parents.
- To demonstrate a capacity for hard work sustained by an enthusiastic attitude.
- You must have a valid teaching certificate from the B.C. Teacher Regulation Branch.
- Familiarity with the new B.C. curriculum
- The ability to inspire children who have unorthodox learning styles.
- A sensible, confident bearing which will produce a secure and safe classroom environment for students.
The position is full time in nature and will begin in the last week of August 2017.
Applications must include:
- cover letter
- copy of current teaching certificate
- contact for three professional references
compensation: commensurate on experience
employment type: full-time
Contact poster by email
▼ Ads similar to "teacher vancouver relocate educationteaching " : Ontario